Avocado Mushroom & Noodle Rice Paper Spring Rolls
Rice Paper Rolls
- 300 g mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt
- sesame oil
- half a lemon (squeezed)
- toasted sesame seeds
- 1 in ripe avocado (sliced 5cm and tossedlemon juice)
- 1 leaves iceberg lettuce (largertorn)
- 2 carrots julienned
- 1/2 purple cabbage shredded
- 1 bunch mint
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 120 grams cooked soba or rice noodles
- 10-15 15 cm rice paper
- 170 g salted natural peanut butter
- 1 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 2-3 Tbsp brown sugar (add extra to taste)
- 1/2 medium lime (juiced)
- 1/2 tsp chili garlic sauce
- 1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- Hot water (to thin)
Make the Peanut Sauce
- Add all ingredients except water to a mixing bowl and whisk. Add hot water 1 Tbsp at a time until desired consistency is achieved (should be consistency of thickened cream). Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl toss mushrooms with olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper. Heat a fry pan over high heat and add half of the mushrooms and cook until golden brown, 2-5 minutes. Set aside. Add the remaining mushrooms and repeat (cooking in stages to avoid crowding the pan). Toss cooked mushrooms with a drizzle of sesame oil, a splash of tamari, and lemon juice. Set aside to cool
For the rolls
- Toss the noodles with a few spoonfuls of the sesame sauce until they’re well coated.
- Prepare the spring rolls. Lay a damp paper towel on a flat clean surface. Fill a large bowl with hot water. One at a time, place rice wrap in hot water for a few seconds until softened and then place rice wrap on damp paper towel.
- Sprinkle the surface with a generous pinch of sesame seeds. Add the toppings about 2 inches from the bottom. Start with slices of mushrooms, a slice of avocado, lettuce, carrot, cabbage, 2-3 mint leaves, noodles and coriander leaves. Gently fold the bottom over the toppings and fold in the edges, and continue to roll until seam is sealed. Cover with a damp paper towel to keep fresh while assembling the remaining rolls. Repeat until mushrooms are used up, about 10-15 rolls.