Plum and Ginger Glazed Christmas Ham
- 1 5-6 kg smoked ham on the bone
- 1 jar plum jam
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Salt to season
- Using a sharp knife, score the skin around the knuckle. Starting at the opposite end, lift the skin with your fingers and gently separate between the skin and the fat layer. Trim and score the ham fat in a diamond pattern.
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper and place a wire rack on the tray to elevate the ham.
- In a saucepan, mix together the plum jam, lime juice, mustard and ginger, gently heat to combine. Season to taste.
- Generously brush ham with glaze, place uncovered ham into a pre-heated oven (140°C).
- Baste the ham with glaze at 15 minutes intervals. Total cooking time – allow 30 minutes per kilo.
- Allow the ham to rest for 10 -15 minutes before slicing.
- Garnish the knuckle with herbs and a festive ribbon.