BBQ Spiced Butterflied Leg Of Lamb
FOR THE LAMB
- 1 x 2kg butterflied leg of lamb
- 1 x 170g Greek yogurt to serve
FOR THE MARINADE
- 50 g Butter melted
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp smoked garlic powder or garlic salt
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp Sumac
- pinch aof chilli flakes
- leaves ½ x 28g pack flat-leaf parsley only chopped
- 1 leaves x 28g pack mint only chopped
- Mix the butter and oil then stir in the rest of the marinade ingredients. Season with black pepper. Place the lamb in a shallow dish and spoon over the marinade. Rub it all over the meat. Cover; chill overnight. Remove from the fridge 1 hour before cooking.
- Preheat the barbecue and, once hot, add the lamb, fat-side down. Cook on a high heat for 5 minutes until golden. Turn and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and cook for 30-40 minutes, turning occasionally. Rest for 10-15 minutes. Slice thickly; serve with Greek yogurt and rice - or serve in wraps with a simple salad and pickled red onion - yum!