MALAYSIAN BEEF BOLAR BLADE ROAST
- 1 kg beef bolar roast trimmed
- 3 tbsp rendang curry paste
- 2 tbsp coconut cream plus extra for drizzling
- 2 leeks halved, washed and sliced
- 500 g sweet potato peeled and cut into 2cm half rounds
- 3 stalks curry leaves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 head broccoli cut into florets
- 1 cup red rice
- Lime to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Place beef on a plate, mix rendang paste and coconut cream and spread half of it over the beef to coat.
- Place leek, sweet potato, curry leaves and cinnamon sticks in a large roasting tray. Mix remaining curry paste/coconut mixture with 1 cup water and pour over the vegetables. Place beef on top of the vegetables and cook in the oven for 20 minutes or until the beef is starting to turn golden brown.
- Remove tray from oven and gently toss vegetables. Reduce oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced) and cook for another 60 minutes for medium rare, covering with foil if overbrowning. Place beef on a plate, covered loosely with foil and rest for 10 minutes. Slice thinly.
- Steam broccoli, and cook rice according to packet directions. Serve beef with rice, vegetables and some of the curry sauce on top.