Charred Honey Balsamic Glazed Nectarines
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- Dash salt
- 6 medium nectarines (halved and pitted)
- Vanilla ice cream. to serve (or your favourite flavour)
- In a small saucepan, combine vinegar, honey and salt; cook and stir over low heat until blended, 2 – 3 minutes. Reserve 1/3 cup mixture for brushing nectarines.
- Bring remaining mixture to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir just until mixture begins to thicken slightly (do not overcook), 4 – 6 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Brush nectarines with some of the reserved balsamic mixture. Grill, covered, on an oiled rack over medium heat until caramelized, brushing occasionally with remaining reserved balsamic mixture, 6 – 8 minutes on each side.
- Serve with glaze and ice cream.