Tandoori Lamb Cutlets W. Tomato & Cucumber Salsa
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 2 tsp ginger paste
- 100 g greek yogurt (plus extra to serve)
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- 1 lemon juiced
- 6 lamb cutlets
- lemon wedges to serve
- roti or naan to serve
- 2 ripe tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 continental cucumber chopped
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1 green chilli deseeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch of coriander chopped
- Mix the garlic and ginger pastes, yogurt, spices and lemon juice with a little seasoning in a bowl until fully combined. Add the lamb chops and mix really well again, then cover and chill for 4 hours but preferably overnight.
- Remove the lamb chops from the fridge 30 minutes before you’re ready to cook. Mix together everything for the salsa with some seasoning.
- Heat a BBQ or griddle pan to hot. Scrape off the marinade from the lamb cutlets and season. Grill the cutlets for 1-2 minutes each side until really charred. Rest on a plate for 5 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges for squeezing, the salsa, roti or naan and a little seasoned yogurt.