Butternut Pumpkin w. Persian Pistachio Pesto, Feta & Pomegranate
- 175 g tagliatelle
- 200 g bacon (tiny strips)
- 1 clove garlic
- 12.5 g pine kernels
- 50 g basil leaves
- 6.25 cl olive oil (extra virgin)
- 27.5 g Parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
Fresh Pesto (you can make this in advance)
- We’ll be using a food processor to make the pesto. Put the garlic, pine kernels and some salt in there and process briefly.
- Add the basil leaves (but keep some for the presentation) and blend to a green paste.
- While processing, gradually add the olive oil and finally add the Parmesan cheese.
Finishing the dish
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil and cook your tagliatelle al dente.
- Use the cooking time of the pasta to sauté your bacon strips.
- After about 8 to 10 minutes, the pasta should be done. Drain it and put it back in the pot to mix it with the pesto.
- Present the dish with some fresh basil leaves on top.